Updates and Solutions
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
I was doing a server migration project this weekend and I ran into a problem with Exchange. I butted my head against the issue for half an hour, trying different configurations and logging options, then went to Google to find some answers.
I found a well-explained solution in a couple of minutes...but it was written by me. I'd researched it for someone else and posted it three years ago. I had no recollection of it whatsoever.
That's just weird, thinking about all the problems I've solved and then forgotten about. I think that if, for only the silliest of reasons, my brain was going to be preserved for science, it would have to include some strategic Google searches. There's a lot of data that's passed through my brain that doesn't seem to live there anymore.